Touratech West Rally

(Clayton James William Walker) #21

Before I get the beer trailer I need Forks on my bike and INsurance.

Your pics are great it's like I'm riding bitch looking over your shoulder.

(Arthur Pappas) #22

My thoughts xactly! Thx for posting the ride report @KTM-Bryon -- good stuff as always.

How did ya like the CRF1000L, and was it equipped with TKC's when you rode it?

(Bryon Enns) #23

The Twin felt nicely balanced. It carries its weight low I guess so sitting on it and rocking it back and forth it doesn't feel like a big bike. Felt pretty good riding it too. Very easy to blast down FSR on it! It had TKC tires on it. I tried the three levels of traction control and level one, least amount, was awesome! It lit up the tire pretty easy with the traction control but L1 let the wheel spin a rev or too. You could feel it hook up and then you were gone. Fast. It allowed slight drifts outa corners but I didn't test it too hard. The bike is overall super smooth. You could ride this thing all day on pavement or FSR.
The DCT was great too. I ride it in sport and overrided it only a few times with the paddle shifters. It has full manual mode which is nice for say climbing a hill in first or second and not having it shift.
I tried to wheelie it on the pavement and it got very light on the front wheel and took off like a bat outta hell, compared to the 690, but I think it's programmed to give smooth throttle response. I believe it have a gravel mode, G-switch, that allows most aggressive throttling for clearing logs etc but I didn't find that button. Haha. Soo many buttons!
Suspension was soft. Worked fine at 30-50 mph on relatively smooth FSR but with a passenger or at faster speeds she is gonna bottom hard. I think I bottomed it once. konflict Motorsports didn't think it was great. Most likely need to replace fork internals and shock if you wanna play off pavement.

(Arthur Pappas) #24

@KTM-Bryon I noticed you're still havin issues with photos not showing up. How are you uploading images? Make sure you've got a good connection and the images have all finished uploading before you hit "Post".

Lemme know if you're having specific issues.

(Bryon Enns) #25

Hi @motorambler, it looks like the photos are all there. Do you not see some of them since post 14?

(Arthur Pappas) #26

Ah yeah, I see 'em. :grinning:

(Frany) #27

This single track bc. Not fsrbc. Post these ride reports elsewhere please.

Just kidding. Looks like a gay old time.

(Arthur Pappas) #28

Dunno 'bout you guys but I no longer see any of @KTM-Bryon's pics.

Not. A. Single. One.

(Arthur Pappas) #29

Well, now I can see his pics. Too weird...

(Arthur Pappas) #30

To add more to the disappearing/reappearing images mystery, it seems like the problem is likely tied to Photobucket in this case.

https://petapixel.com/2017/07/01/photobucket-just-broke-billions-photos-embedded-web/

(Bryon Enns) #31

my photo's were uploaded to your site. Are you using Photobucket? I can't see my photo's now either!

(Arthur Pappas) #32

Images posted using the 'upload' button are hosted locally on the forum. The only images that should have issues are ones linked to Photobucket.

I can see your pics fine, but could not a little earlier on. Weird...

I will run some cleanup/maintenance on the forum later tonight to see if that fixes any glitches in the matrix.

(Arthur Pappas) #33

@KTM-Bryon After some investigation, it looks like a background service had stalled and messed up image uploads. This is general reasoning on my part -- I am no expert.

Anyway, can you try and edit a post in this thread where you uploaded images and delete the current image URL(s) in the post and try to upload images again? This will be a lot easier to do on a computer vs a mobile device.

(Bryon Enns) #34

I updated the pics on post 20. Didn't come out in portrait tho?? Gotta run but will retry later.

Tried again. It's taking my vertical pics and posting a part of them sideways. Very weird!

(Arthur Pappas) #35

That might be your phone's EXIF data. What phone you using and what version of the OS you running?

(Bryon Enns) #36

Most of the those pics, 'cept the first few, are pulled from my GoPro video footage.

(Arthur Pappas) #37

Lemme look into that.

(Arthur Pappas) #38

Hey, is your camera mounted sideways or in any orientation other than the "normal" upright position? If it is, I'm guessing the image EXIF data is saying "this image is landscape" (instead of portrait).

Lemme know.

(Bryon Enns) #39

Ya. All the pics from the Touratech trip are sideways. I edited them to display vertical. I thought GoPro auto rotated the picture but only for upside down, not sideways. So I shot a whole trip of sideways video and GoPro can't edit it. Duh.

(Arthur Pappas) #40

Is your computer running Mac or Windows?