Sunshine Coast Dual Sport

(Bryon Enns) #1

#Riding Area: SSC
###Date: Oct 6

Yesterday I finally Got a great ride across the SSC. I came down the B&K from Dakota bowl and ride some nice trails around Roberts Creek. One bridge I didn’t wanna cross solo on the Trailfest wagon road but I took Caroline’s bypass. Another bridge on Sunday Morning Trail didn’t look good so I headed over to West Sechelt Some more nice trails there and then up the Carlson Lake Loop FSR to the Spipiyus park loop. That has some great scenery! I wanted to ride down the Hallowell Mine Trail or High School Confidential Trail. However I had broken my back brake pedal so I rode down Delirium Dive instead. Super scenic at the top of that one. Some top notch Dual Sporting with plenty left to explore on a future tour!!
I hope the GoPro video is good. It ran out of battery power as did my cell phone by the half way point. Both my USB charge ports didn’t work on the bike. Duh. Who’s been working on this thing? @Clayx? LOL

(Arthur Pappas) #2

Nice pics @KTM-Bryon! Next time give me a shout and we can load the big girl in the boat so you can do some ds-ing here on the rock! :rofl:

(Bryon Enns) #3

Ya. Just like this eh.

(Bryon Enns) #4

Here is part one of my solo day trip across the Sunshine Coast near Vancouver, BC. I rode my KTM 690 Enduro R off the ferry at Langdale and went up into the Dakota Bowl area on FSR’s. Then down into some trails near Roberts Creek. Part 2 and 3 are more single track trails around Roberts Creek while Part 4 is some trail in West Sechelt plus the FSR’s up to Spipiyus Provincial Park. Spipiyus Provincial Park, on the Sechelt Peninsula of the BC Sunshine Coast, is documented as the oldest closed-canopy temperate rain forest in Canada. My camera battery ran out up there so there is a few short clips of the spectacular views. My trip continued to the ferry terminal at Earls Cove and over towards Powell River. It was a seven hour and ten minute trip (stopped time 2hr21min) from ferry terminal to ferry terminal and covered 140 kilometers ( 87 miles) with 3965 meters (13,080 feet) of climbing and descending.

(Bryon Enns) #5

Here is part two of my solo day trip across the Sunshine Coast near Vancouver, BC. Part 2 is all single track trails around Roberts Creek. It ends when I get to a log bridge I didn’t want to cross solo.

(Bryon Enns) #6

Here is part three of my solo day trip across the Sunshine Coast near Vancouver, BC. Part 3 is mostly single track trails. I was trying to find a route via trails between Roberts Creek and the town of Sechelt. There is some good trails in here but I missed a bunch more so now I have to go back!

(Bryon Enns) #7

Here is the final, part 4, video of my solo day trip across the Sunshine Coast near Vancouver, BC. Part 4 is single track trails in the West Sechelt area plus FSR’s up to Spipiyus Provincial Park. My camera battery ran out up around the park so there so there is a few short clips of the spectacular views.

(Arthur Pappas) #8

There looked to be so little wear on those trails I would’ve just guessed they are mountain bike trails. @Larry710 would be the guy to speak to regarding riding trails in this area.

(Bryon Enns) #9

I messaged with SC Dirt Bike club’s facebook page before I went. They said all trails are multi use unless otherwise posted and I checked the trailhead maps for info about usage. No mention of non-motorized anywhere I went however a bunch of those trails are made with mtb’ers in mind. That’s why I had to backtrack a few times. haha. Riding the Big Girl over a 3-6’ high single log “bridge” solo wasn’t gonna be too smart.

Here’s a couple pics from the GoPro footage. Amazing places up there in and near Spipiyus Park.
![12]|690x388](upload://wdFsgTtw3I0liQLz6zVCIoAn2bG.jpg)
Can’t seem to upload the gopro pics

And here’s the pic of the mother in laws place.

(Arthur Pappas) #10

Shouldn’t be an issue if they are standard image format (jpg, jpeg, png, etc.). How are you trying to upload 'em?

(Bryon Enns) #11

Weird, its another couple pics on my hard drive, both jpg, just like the one of the boats in the dock. The code doesn’t pic up the file name like it does for other pics. The [12] should be [View at Delirium Dive].

(Larry McDowell) #12

With exception of select spots along the “Suncoaster Trail”. The trails are multiuser, tread lightly and enjoy!

(Arthur Pappas) #13

@KTM-Bryon make sure there are no wacky characters in the file name. Also, the accepted file formats are:

jpg
jpeg
png
gif
pdf

Make sure you’re not trying to upload a bmp file. If all else fails, try giving the image a new filename but keep the same extension (as long as it’s not bmp).

(Bryon Enns) #14

Weird, these are the renamed pics I tried to upload earlier. Didn’t work then but they work now without having to remove the extra bracket ]. It’s not there after renaming but that didn’t matter earlier. As I said, Weird.

(Arthur Pappas) #15

The fix has already been pushed to our server, and I think it’s stripping away any weird characters automagically so you don’t have to do anything. Keep me posted if you notice any weirdness.