Single Track BC's Big 2018 Two Day Dual Sport Ride

(Bryon Enns) #1

#Riding Area: Sunshine Coast
###Date: TBD
###Details: Huge amount of single track and a back packers hostel’s bed to rest in before day 2 starts.

Possible riders:
KTM-Bryon - 690
the twins - Clay & Lev on matching Blue 501’s
Al W on a 2fity-525
Animal - 690
Lori - 350
Shane - 500
Wildcard - MotoRambler (something lighter than a DR350.

@Stoppie
@franhoser
@baysam

(Clayton James William Walker) #2

I’m in. I’m pretty sure Arthur will be on a CR500 powered by an XR650 by then.

(Arthur Pappas) #3

You know it, baby!

This trip sounds like a lot of fun. So, @KTM-Bryon, post up this famous route of yours.

(Bryon Enns) #4

Some recon missions will be run in the spring but here’s the general idea for the morning of Day 1. Off the ferry, up over Dakota ridge on FSR’s then into the trails around Roberts Creek. Then hit the road to Sechelt for a lunch/coffee then back over to the Roberts Creek trails until we are too tired and then probably stay at “Up the Creek” hostel.

Day two will be heading over Spipiyus Park and some more single track around west Sechelt plus an epic descent off Spipiyus that I haven’t scoped out yet but it’s there. Trust Me!

Maybe a hill climb contest up the power line service road too. Thats about 20 swichbacks and 500-600 of climbing.

Of course a trip of this quality doesn’t come cheap.

one million

(Al Willard) #5

I’m in this nail down a date

(Frany) #6

don’t take too long. I get bored with bikes easily. I’m like a squirrel. i see something new and shinny and I chase after it. before you turn around the 501 may be gone.

(Bryon Enns) #7

That 501 might loose some shine after our first rip around McNutt. Haha

(Arthur Pappas) #8

I agree. 501cc is just too much for a string bean like @franhoser.

(Bryon Enns) #9

Let’s get cracking on this ride planning. Gonna be doing recon soon however snow is forecast for next week so it will be a couple weeks yet.

Check out this Aussie guy. He’s got right attitude for the ST BC DS ride eh.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/farmer-rides-for-help-holding-broken-neck-upright-by-hair-20180114-p4yyhc.html

(Al Willard) #10

Could we do it sometime in March?

(Bryon Enns) #11

Dates TBA.

Check this out. Should we stop in and do some spy sh!t while we are there?

Scott Tilley, a 47-year-old electrical technologist, sneaks time away from his family when he can to search for spy satellites using radio frequency signals and a contraption of remote control cameras and antennas on the roof of his Roberts Creek home on the Sunshine Coast.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/canadian-discovers-piece-of-space-junk-is-actually-long-lost-nasa-satellite-1.3784685

(Arthur Pappas) #12

@KTM-Bryon you should check with the old guard at DSBC. Tom Timmerman or some of the other guys might know of some trails or connectors that you’re not aware of. Heck, I’d invite a few of those guys to join the STBC DS Ride since they have lead us on some epic rides at Tamihi, etc.

(Bryon Enns) #13

Ya, not a bad idea. I think there’s an ex-Sunshine coaster in the DSBC crew. Maybe get him on board this year and invite everyone for the second annual event!

(Arthur Pappas) #14

You should also give @Larry710 a heads-up. He might want to join, and he’ll have the most up-to-date info on Trail conditions, closures, etc.

(Bryon Enns) #15

Well there is not much rain in the Sechelt weather forecast for the next two weeks. I am gonna be in Winnipeg the next week to remind myself of why I live on the coast but then I am thinking a recon mission will need to be done ASAP.

I will be running this ride on March 24-25 ** NOW May 5-6 **** if the weather cooperates. It will be delayed if its been raining a lot the week before or on those days.

Maybe we better do a Church/Tamihi run soon too eh?

(Bryon Enns) #16

Well the weather doesn’t seem too good right now. I just rode my bicycle around the Treboulay trail here in the Tri-cities and there’s snow and ice on the dykes. Also I see more rain coming next weekend…

I am gonna postpone this to April 28-29 NOW May 5-6**** Weather dependent!

(Arthur Pappas) #17

Weather seems fine to me:

(Bryon Enns) #18

Oh that hurts. 29 deg and no rain Thursday. I think we have another monsoon hitting Thursday. But it should help melt the snow…

(Clayton James William Walker) #19

I could no do the March ride. I can April. Oh wait I’m going camping at the pn race. Can we do it in August?

(Bryon Enns) #20

What year of PN calendar you looking at? There isn’t anything happening 'cept the show & shine April 28-29-2018.
And whatcha going to races for? Or is April pre-surgery?