SG12 X-mas

(Bryon Enns) #1

It's looking like a great Christmas already.

(Arthur Pappas) #2

Sweet boots! I have never tried on Gaerne boots but always hear people raving about them. You get em locally or order em online?

(Bryon Enns) #3

on-line. Those suckers are expensive up North!

(Bryon Enns) #4

Those are the best boots I have ever owned! Better than the Scott Boots

(Clayton James William Walker) #5

I guess I should a bucked up for the Twelves. I got the Tens an they're junk.

I'm going back to Alpinestars.

(Arthur Pappas) #6

What is it about the SG10's that is junk?

(Bryon Enns) #7

the SG10's are about 10/12ths as good as SG12's. My only complaint with the 10's are my legs are too fat and the boots are always open at the top. Both need no break in and give good foot protection but this is where the 12's are better for sure.

(Clayton James William Walker) #8

Well these were 3 or 5 hundred dollars boots with discount.

The size wasn't quite right like my Tech 8s. The top Velcro strap ripped. The inner rubber side panel thingy delaminated and I had to Shoo-Goo it back on.The steel toe caps came off but that is fairly normal for any boot.

That is after 8 months of riding.

(Arthur Pappas) #9

I have never spent more than a couple hundred bucks on boots. I think the most expensive boots I've ever worn were Tech 7's I got on some crazy Rocky MTN ATV sale. And, they are still going strong!

(Bryon Enns) #10

My SG10's are 3-4 years old and just lost the second row cap this year. They are in good shape and I only bought the new boots because of the water, mud and sand that got in every ride.

Maybe Clay has a pair of made in china knock offs.

(Arthur Pappas) #11

Well, to be honest, I don't think there's anything special about my Tech 7's. The only reason they've lasted me this long is because they've hardly been used in like 3 years.

(Bryon Enns) #12

I bought a pair of Tech3's and used them less than a year. They are completely done. So my 4 year old SG10's have like 3 years on them and are still great.