Sand Hills Rip

(Bryon Enns) #1

Riding Area: Hunts Hills Manitoba
Date: Aug 24, 2017
Details:
I am back in MB for a “Legends” MX race on the old sand track, Austin Raceways. Of course I had to go ride my old riding area, Hunts Hills, where we did all our training for the sand races. Man is the sand deep, a lot deeper than I remember. LOL. Good times but the 265 pound WR isn’t having fun. I have never rev’d her this much for soo long. And I have never seen her get so hot either.

(Arthur Pappas) #2

I’ve never ridden terrain like that; looks like a blast. I can see how it would be a tough go for the baby WR. Looks like 450 country. Not three nine oh, not five oh one, but four fitty.

(Bryon Enns) #3

Few locals were going really good on their 125’s and another guy on his 450 said he would ride a 250f in the sand if he just rode sand. It’s all about the weight of the bike and how the suspension & turning work. I am getting worked over badly.

(Bryon Enns) #4

The “Legends” race today is gonna be fun. Ross “Rollerball” Pedersen is out plus Al Dyck. The track is mostly grass now as it’s a golf course we are racing on. This golf course is the site of the most infamous MX track in Canada in the '80s and '90s. It was a deep sand track and you either loved it or you hated it and most who loved it also hated it. Haha.