MX Legends Race

(Bryon Enns) #1

#Riding Area: Austin, MB
###Date: Aug 26-27
###Details:
I got back to my roots late last month. I raced the MX legends Iron Man MX race in Austin Manitoba. This was my first MX race and first race at Austin in 30 years. Also this race track was converted to a golf course 20 years ago.
When I heard there was gonna be a MX race at Austin I took my WR250f enduro bike, took off the hand guards, skid plate, and kickstand, and let her rip. This was so fun but if there is a next time I am gonna have a 350/450 MX bike. Heavy bikes don’t like sand too much.

Here’s the PulpMX write up.

http://www.pulpmx.com/stories/track-and-legends-reborn

Results from the IronMan moto. One 52 minute moto on a sand track. Good thing it has some golf fairway grass on her still!

Here’s my full moto vids

(Clayton James William Walker) #2

Ok. I admit it i looked for your name from the bottom up. Figured it would be quicker.

(Arthur Pappas) #3

Lucky # 13! Looks like 3rd and 5th place were a riderless KTM & Honda.

(Bryon Enns) #4

Haha. I may be a 30 years retired MXer but still an MX ripper. It sure was fun reving the 250f up to the rev limiter a few times.

(Clayton James William Walker) #5

Yep I bet! It’s a different world at 15000 romburg.

(Bryon Enns) #6

Okay, round two coming up Aug 25-26. I am pulling out my Golf Clubs for Saturday’s game and hauling the WR250f out for another sand MX race. This year I am doing the Holeshot contest Saturday night under the lights and the Ironman MX moto Sunday. The WR sounds like the perfect bike. LOL.

(Bryon Enns) #7

Good race but I am getting slower. Mid pack I guess with a 24th out of 48 starters.

(Bryon Enns) #8

(Clayton James William Walker) #9

Nice job! I like the old iron. Especially number 75 Yammie pedal bike. I wanted one when I was 8.

(Arthur Pappas) #10

Nice pics! Good to see the WR has a headlight (and tail light) to light the way for the rest of the bikes. Did you get to use the horn much?

(Bryon Enns) #11

No horn on the WR. She’s full race. Haha

Vid one of the guys dad took at Austin in the old days.

(Clayton James William Walker) #12

Just watched with Fight Fire with Fire playing. Makes an awesome video. The guys actually look like they’re going fast. Did they actually go fast enough to need brakes? Did the brakes work?

(Bryon Enns) #13

We were men back then buddy.

(Clayton James William Walker) #14

Ah yes when men were men and sheep were scared.

(Bryon Enns) #15

A race vid has turned up!

I get 3 seconds of fame at 5:40. The guy with the headlight of course.