KTM 2smoke FI's are coming

(Clayton James William Walker) #62

Yah . I know blue. That is the color of the exhaust. Polluter!

(Bryon Enns) #63

Dude, it's a purple haze man.

(Arthur Pappas) #64

No more premix. According to KTM's website, the TPI version is 7 lbs heavier than the standard 250 XCW.:

http://enduro21.com/index.php/40-general/2184-first-look-2018-ktm-250-300-exc-tpi-2-stroke-enduro

BLAZUSIAK V BOLTON on the 2018 EXC TPI:

https://youtu.be/3kRiwZrZQWw

(Clayton James William Walker) #65

Booooooooooring.

(Arthur Pappas) #66

(Clayton James William Walker) #67

I don't hate. I'm bored and adding 7 pounds to a polluter is boring. Where's the electric bike that goes 200k on a charge.

(Bryon Enns) #68

Is that right? 7 lbs?

Of course the real polluters are those carcineric rule breaking TDI owners. At least the EFI 2T bikes meet the euro Emission rules. But who am I to judge.

(Clayton James William Walker) #69

I'm returning it! It's not my fault!

It's gonna have a sweet new hole bored through the block then it gets cut in half. The rest is parted out.

(Clayton James William Walker) #70

Guarantee they aren't green sticker in California

(Arthur Pappas) #71

I didn't think about the green sticker play. Is there an official word on that yet?

(Clayton James William Walker) #72

Just check out my post right before yours. It guaranteed.

(Arthur Pappas) #73

Ha! I totally missed the guarantee!

(Clayton James William Walker) #74

Here is a review. I was reading it and it says you don't have to reject. I then fell asleep on the keybored. Snore.

(Arthur Pappas) #75

Yup, no reject is always a good thing.

(Bryon Enns) #76

I hear there was no retrofit kit for the old Husaberg 2T's so those things are getting sold fast.

(Arthur Pappas) #77

Some good reading on the KTM TPI models by the guys at Rust Magazine:

But what really excites, the reason we should be impressed, is the packaging. Ktm have made an emissions compliant two-stroke racer that retains the simplicity that we know and love about two-strokes. the complexity lies hidden, safe and out of harm’s way in the ems (engine management) unit, all the other components and assemblies (throttle bodies, injectors, pumps and sensors) are kept simple, robust and easy to work on. this is the KIss principle executed to perfection; it’s why Ktm have taken the best part of 14 years to come to the market with the technology.