Kamloops DS Ripper

(Bryon Enns) #1

Riding Area: SW BC

Date: July 5

Details: Day trip to the 'loops

The new Brittania Composites Lynx fairing is kicking azz! This was a ripper but it was still a 1:30pm departure and a 1:20am arrival back at the homestead.

Did a Coquihalla rip to Kamloops then took 5a back to Merritt and then Coldwater road all the way to Brookmere. Then the FSR's to Tulameen and then the pavement to Princeton and then Hwy3 back to Hope and the freeway back to Coquitlam. Too bad the bugs are sooo bad around dusk as I could hardly see for the Brookmere to Tulameen section. I was wiping my faceshield every 10-20 minutes there for a while!

I didn't test my headlight before the trip and it was pointed a bit too low on low beam. I changed it to cut off about 100' out now. It looks like it was about 25' here. Also changed the lens on my Squadron XL Pro to all spotlight from the driving lens that it came with. It's set to light up from 100' out now too.

That last pic is Tulameen gas after closing time!

(Clayton James William Walker) #2

I think the real question is how did you put pics without photobucket?

(Bryon Enns) #3

I just hit the "upload" arrow button and then go with "from my device" and upload from my harddrive. Don't know where they go from there...

(Arthur Pappas) #4

Here ya go, Claydoh:

(Arthur Pappas) #5

Looks like a sweet setup. Is there a lot of wind buffeting on your head when you're sitting on the seat in a normal cruising position or is it all clean air?

Ah yes, another one of life's great mysteries.

(Bryon Enns) #6

Lynx is pretty good for not buffeting you around. It basically send the air over your shoulders the way I have it set up, that is without the windscreen, and you can get pretty clean air. I find it's good to about 110-120 kph unless there are wind gusts from the side.

Overall the 690 Enduro was pretty brutal on the highway. No protection. Now I didn't find the 850 kms day trip to be too bad. There is still the single cylinder vibration issue...

(Arthur Pappas) #7

I guess this will be rectified by the soon to be released twin cylinder 800 Adventure. I'm sure KTM will also make a white version, call it a Husky, and add a premium price tag.

Will be interesting to see how it will compete with the upcoming Yamaha T7, but some industry rumors have the T7 at over 200 kg... :frowning_face: