Island Living is the life

(Bryon Enns) #1

If a guy lived on an island you would need one of these at the dock eh.

Merecedes Silver Arrow Yacht

(Arthur Pappas) #2

Wally power!

(Bryon Enns) #3

There can be only one Wally eh.

Hey you been over to Secret Cove / Halfmoon Bay much? Looks nice over there

http://www.rew.ca/properties/R2006559/5641-rutherford-road-sunshine-coast?direction=asc&sort=price&page=1&property_search=379300330

(Bryon Enns) #4

Where do you live @motorambler ? On the Trail Islands?

(Arthur Pappas) #5

Yeah, we live on East Trail Island (the biggest island) just off the Sechelt coast. If you zoom in on Google maps you can see our house with the green roof (we face westwards across the straight towards Nanaimo).

(Arthur Pappas) #6

Oh yeah, bring on the high speed internets (and pr0n)!

(Shayne) #7

Bringing hipster to a new level with those socks.. Lol

(Arthur Pappas) #8

The hipster scene is fierce here on the island. I had to go big or go home!

(Clayton James William Walker) #9

Arthur's twin.

(Arthur Pappas) #10

I wish I could grow a goatee like that!

(Arthur Pappas) #11

Round 3 with the big storm system tonight. Hopefully we don't find ourselves blown into the Georgia Strait in the middle of the night!

(Bryon Enns) #12

Hope you got your boat well above the tide line tonight or you may be an islander forever.

(Arthur Pappas) #13

Boat is in the water. Tomorrow I hope I find it exactly where I left it.

(Bryon Enns) #14

You & the boat still with us. What was the storms like? Didn't feel a thing here in Fort Mac...

(Arthur Pappas) #15

Yeah, so far all looks good other than a big tree that came down and blocked the track down to the cove. Could've been way worse. Still pretty windy out here today, so we ain't going anyhere for a while.

(Arthur Pappas) #16

A few months ago I heard my UPS start beeping (a sign that we lost electricity) even though our generator was running and 'plugged into the house'.

I went out to investigate and noticed the prong connected to the black wire on the cable we that plug into the generator to power the house (30A Twistlock plug) had pretty much burnt off, and the plug's plastic housing had melted a bit.

Here you can see where it dripped down onto the side of the generator:

The connector on the generator looks fine, but I have not (yet) pulled the panel off to look closer:

I replaced the Twistlock connector (new Hubbell 30A 125V) and made sure to cut back all the wires and use 'fresh' wire for the new plug, and double checked everything was nice and tight.

Today I inspected the plug and can see the same problem is developing again, where the prong with the black wire is starting to burn up:

Any idea what could be the issue?

(Bryon Enns) #17

Sounds like a case of "ghost in the machine". You better unplug that thing on Halloween

http://listverse.com/2013/06/29/10-mysterious-fires-caused-by-ghosts/

(Bryon Enns) #18

I am more of a 12V DC guy, but this info was an interesting read. How are you connected to the house?

http://www.generatorsforhomeuse.us/connect-generator-to-home/

(Arthur Pappas) #19

I have a feeling the plug receptacle on the genset is likely corroded. I'll have to take it apart for a look see.

(Clayton James William Walker) #20

Looks to be caused by electricity.