Beat the rain ride

(Bryon Enns) #1

Riding Area: McNutt

Date: Jan 29, 2017

Details: SuperDave & KTM-Bryon

Super Dave and I got out for a 10am to noon rip. We got about 21 kms of trails in and the rain started about 11:30. It sure was wet on the road back to the truck but not too bad in the trails.

https://youtu.be/GxqZltSOgAU

(Arthur Pappas) #2

I did not see @superdave in your video. Was he wearing camo gear? Maybe I just need better :eyeglasses:

(Bryon Enns) #3

That was @superdave at 2:35 of the vid. Note I kept the off trail excursion at 2:00 in the vid just to keep my video fan @tuxedodave happy. I can't afford to lose my subscriber base. haha.

(dave sudul) #4

I usually like to be sweeper so I can see where the young squids go off the trail and provide immediate assistance. It was first ride with the new mobius knee braces and i would give them 2 thumbs up. Nice and slim profile with a much nicer knee protection system than the asterix. stayed in place nicely, not like my ultra cells where the left was slipping down and loading the knee wrong (course they were pretty worn and are down in california for a rebuild). Also 1st ride on the new Moto Z Arena hybrid. I had put on a Gibson 6.1 in nov only to find out it is NOT the "new" goldentyre as advertised. pretty useless on the wet rock faces. Threw on my spare rim with the Moto Z mountain hybrid for the last 2 rides and while it works great on rocks/roots and most trail conditions once you hit the loose duff/loam/organic material/new trail type stuff its like having a surfboard on the back for accel and decel. This new arena hybrid is a much more aggressive trials/knobby combo and it works fucking awesome. Rail it thru the corners, climb up rock faces trying to keep the front end down, fucking wicked. The real test will to see if tuxedo likes it

(Arthur Pappas) #5

I tried a couple MotoZ tires (or is it tyres?) but had mixed results, and came to the conclusion that the Aussies don't design rubber for PNW conditions.

I think the Shinko 505 Hybrid Cheater might be better for local trails.

(dave sudul) #6

I'll evaluate again after a few rides. got tux interested though lol. I don't think there is a canadian shinko distributor