Awesome ride

(Bryon Enns) #21

Haha. @Clayx you coulda just rode the broom! Hey did ya like my “Shooting past former riding bud Clay’s house in the outskirts of Deroche” comment.

(Arthur Pappas) #22

A garage full of 4 strokes…sounds expensive.

(Bryon Enns) #23

Here is a little single track action on the big girl.

Rode some trails from 4km camp up to 14 km camp at Onion Lake riding area near Lytton, BC. Those signs I pass say “Rock & Roll” and “Pink Weasel Bypass”

(Arthur Pappas) #24

At the 30 second mark I was expecting the big girl to crash right through that make-shift bridge thingy.

(Clayton James William Walker) #25

Well I will be back next year stronger than ever.

Motorambler, a crank on a 4 stroke and a 2 stroke are pretty close in price.
Plus you dint see the ttr50 buried there and the ttr125 at Supersport. So they’re aren’t just 4 strokes in garage. I keep them other places as Well.

(Bryon Enns) #26

Here’s another vid of some of the single track up in Onion Lake. I gave up on the Garmin video processing and tried PowerDirecter.

(Bryon Enns) #27

Crazy part of the ride home, I was giving’her pretty good trying to get to Harrison Hot springs before dark. I didn’t make it by at least 30 minutes, and the last 15 kms from about Cogbum beach all the way back to Harrison is freshly graded gravel right now. I mean real fresh as in I passed the grader at the 13km marker on the ride out in the morning. I knew that was gonna suck, I knew it was super deep loose gravel but I still checked by front tire 2-3 times to see if it was flat.

Anyway the crazy thing was I was going over the top of the Kookipi thinking “lean the bike” in the corners and get your leg up MX style. I was picturing this

I am sure I was leaned over just a few degrees less (no witnesses) and corning pretty fast when I hit the first and biggest of the totally hidden rocks. The bike snapped sideways and then came back on line just as fast. It happened so fast I basically had no time to react and everything was good again. Anyway it got me wondering for a while if the MX style cornering helped save it as most of the time I am two feet on the pegs corning; Adventure bike style. And on a 14.5 hour ride you have some time to wonder about things.

(Arthur Pappas) #28

@KTM-Bryon, I thought you’d be partaking in the KTM Canada Rally fo sho. How comes you dint go?

http://www.ridektm.ca/LeadAgent/pdf/2017AdventureRally_EventInformation.pdf

(Bryon Enns) #29

I was busy that weekend with Family stuff but when I heard about the Rally I wasn’t as keen to ride in a 2-3 person team as I don’t know to many 600cc+ riders I would do it with.

(Clayton James William Walker) #30

Be careful out there ktmbryon! Don’t make put my forks on and come out there to rescue you.

(Frany) #31

(Bryon Enns) #32

When is it biking vs snow biking?

(Clayton James William Walker) #33

Who’s in the ditch at 1:22

(Arthur Pappas) #34

Green plastic-bag-for-a-jacket = @franhoser