Awesome ride

(Frany) #1

#Riding Area: lytton
###Date: sep 23/24 weekend
###Details: lets get out and ride lytton. Ive not been up there this year.

So far comfirmed:
Franhoser
Sam chesnut

Let me know if ur interested.

(Bryon Enns) #2

Yup, Iet ride.

(Arthur Pappas) #3

I wanna see some video footage @KTM-Bryon! What about the old farts – is the (re)Tired Crew going @Clayx @baysam @tuxedodave @superdave @Karma ???

(Clayton James William Walker) #4

I’d go except for it quite riding
I just troll riding forums now.

(Frany) #5

Ok clay is out so i changed the name of the ride.

(Clayton James William Walker) #6

Wait, what was it called before I was out? Super awesome ride?

(Arthur Pappas) #7

Well, it can hardly be super if u ain’t going.

(Clayton James William Walker) #8

That’s what i say.

(Bryon Enns) #9

Effective at noon Pacific time on Friday, Aug. 4, 2017, the operation of any off-road vehicle for recreational purposes on Crown land was prohibited throughout the Cariboo Fire Centre, Kamloops Fire Centre and Southeast Fire Centre. In addition, all on-highway vehicles were required to remain on defined road surfaces.

Lytton is in the Kamloops fire zone. I hope they lift the ORV ban soon.

(Arthur Pappas) #10

It’s not looking good. The long range forecast shows a couple possible days of rain but it’s only ‘trace’ amounts of precip.

(Frany) #11

Im out. Went riding in WA last weekend.

(Bryon Enns) #12

This ride will be better now that Hoser is gone. Who’s in now? LOL

(Clayton James William Walker) #13

Oh yah. Count me in.

(Frany) #14

Ride from last weekend

(Arthur Pappas) #15

Buddy, that looked like an epic ride – thx for posting. I think I watched it 3 times in a row. Some of those downhill switchbacks looked pretty scary! The terrain is not what I would’ve expected; kinda like Lytton, but not.

(Bryon Enns) #16

I went to Lytton with all my DS buddies. Man that was an AWESOME ride. Too bad @Clayx, @baysam, or @Stoppie couldn’t make it. Too bad suckazz.

Here’s the pre-ride safety meeting
IMG_0976
Shooting past former riding bud Clay’s house in the outskirts of Deroche. Sun is too far up, I am burning daylight.

!

Gas up in Lake Errock. The last of the 94 for this trip. Good thing I have the Gas Bag strapped on.

Top the the pass. It’s all downhill now. Kookipi is in terrible shape. Someone cut drainage channels across the road every 300 meters for about 14 kms. Hole to lump going down 90% of the time. Not as bad going up as you jump the hole.

Lytton Reaction ferry after the Kookipi and the West Fraser route. Some sweet riding in there with no pics.

Lytton stop for a bottle of H2O and an ice cream sandwich. It’s hot out at 1pm!! Nice.

Lunch break at 4km camp in Onion Lake. Single track starts now.

Trials, single track, you name it, I am all over it. I was the only one here on a beautiful Thursday afternoon.

Didn’t bring a chain saw. Damn. I got stopped at 1650 meters by too many downed trees. The 690 sure can climb. Just turn the throttle on and hang on.

Another trail, another jumble of downed trees. Good views up there though.

Added a little 91 octane for the ride home and off I go. 6 hours to Onion Lake. 5.5 hours home. Didn’t get home until 9:30pm and I said I would be home by dark. Opps.

(Bryon Enns) #17

Oh ya, here’s some helmet cam vid of the ride up.

(Arthur Pappas) #18

So, you actually did make it to Lytton. Looks real dry up there. How many KM you put on in total, and did ya hafta use the fuel bag?

(Bryon Enns) #19

580 kms round trip. I hit reserve on my main OEM tank (12.5L) in Lytton, so I poured in the gas bag (3.6L) at Onion’s 4km camp. That hit reserve again back in Lytton so I topped up the main tank (10.5 l fill) and opened up the petcock for the Rally Raid 4.5 litre tank that was still full from Lake Errock. That gave me 17L for the trip home and I made it no problem. Also meant I was running about 6L of 94 and 10.5 of 91 to average about 92 octane for the trip home. She ran fine on that.

(Clayton James William Walker) #20

Why dint you get me? I was totally ready to go except for my forks needed seals and repair, needed to be put on, needed an airbox cover and insurance and a place to mount my plate.