2018 DSBC Loose Screw Ride - Kamloops

(Clayton James William Walker) #21

Yhe Terraflex Motosteel does not clear the mud flap properly! The wheel is all the way back.

Hey, I hear Al got a flat on the Kookapee. So does that count as first flat?

(Bryon Enns) #22

Ya, sounds like TuBliss Al’s buying the first round for sure.

(Clayton James William Walker) #23

Good plan.

(Bryon Enns) #24

You need a good front now.

(Clayton James William Walker) #25

WhoWho is ready to rumble?

(Bryon Enns) #26

Here’s the revision to the route out that will get us to the motel for some much needed rest.

(Bryon Enns) #27

Looks like my tank is repaired. Testing starts tomorrow!

(Bryon Enns) #28

Testing went well. Tank is fixed and I got some issues with my fairing/headlights solved too. No more rattles I hope!

Oh, and here’s the combined track to the Hotel in Kamloops. This has some revisions in it but there are still the Lawless FSR and Osprey Lake optional routes that we should consider taking to ensure we have an adventure!

Only 657 kms and 10,300 meters of hills.

(Clayton James William Walker) #29

1st flat Stoppie
2nd Baysam

(Clayton James William Walker) #30

I did nothing wrong.

(Arthur Pappas) #31

How was the ride? No stories or footage?

(Clayton James William Walker) #32

1300 km. Had to ride through a mudslide to get to our hotel in Cache Creek when the highway closed. Just to find out our room was rented.

Like I said 2 flats. Also 1 leaking KTM 525 and 1 leaking HSG 501. Austrian Harley’s I tell ya. A 690 with a loose fairing(dropped on log). A new KTM 500 (10 hrs) with a loose fender. So no major mechanical issues.

A mud section for the ages. Long days in the saddle.

Tonnes of logs on the Loose Screw. Too many.

(Arthur Pappas) #33

Sounds epic. Can’t wait for @KTM-Bryon’s video/photo footage. Was the Russian @Orido on this ride, too? I saw he posted sumtin in Instgram.

(Bryon Enns) #34

(Bryon Enns) #35

Here’s our route. Why don’t the pic’s load in numerical or date taken order? They uploaded in a ramdon order.

Day1

Day2

Day3

Check out the “metrics” on some of those ride days!

(Arthur Pappas) #36

AWESOME pics @KTM-Bryon – thx for sharing (as usual). Man, I’m so jealous. @Clayx’s Husky stands out like a sore thumb in that sea of orange :grin:

What up with the night pics – did yas get caught out & run outa daylight somewheres?

I’m guessing they get posted in the order they were selected (on your computer) or in the order they were processed by the server. I’ll look into it.

(Bryon Enns) #37

I selected them in order but they uploaded in a random order.

Here’s the stats from my GPS. This ride as I planned it is very doable. But we stop too much. Everyone Needs big tanks.
Day 1 - 16:48 long with 7:22 I’d stopped time. I only rode 9hrs 25 mins from Coquitlam!
Day 2 - 13:44 total with 7:49 stopped time. More than half the time!
Day 3 - 12:35 total with 4:45 stopped. Not bad.

(Bryon Enns) #38

43 hours on the bikes in 3 days with about 5 hours on pavement. Sounds tiring. LOL

(Clayton James William Walker) #39

Night pics were when we crossed the mudslide to get to our booked hotel to find out they gave it Away.

(Clayton James William Walker) #40