2018 DSBC Loose Screw Ride - Kamloops

(Arthur Pappas) #1

I created a new thread for the 2018 event & moved relevant posts from the 2017 DSBC Loose Screw Ride - Kamloops thread to this thread.

(Bryon Enns) #2

Well it’s almost Loose Screw time kids. The 2017 got burned out literally but this year is looking okay! Who’s gonna have the most fun? Let us not forget the famous motorcycle saying, “Its more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.” Sounds like they are making fun of the 250-525 eh @baysam. LOL.

2017 DSBC Loose Screw Ride - Kamloops
(Al Willard) #3

All my bikes are slow. Just like the guys I ride with. Lol

(Bryon Enns) #4

The route to the 2018 LS is up! It’s gonna be 50-50 odds if we beat our 2016 arrival time of 11:38pm.

Coquitlam to Hope via Pale Face Pass. Should be as easy as a slap in the face. Ends in Hope for a coffee and a donut plus some gas.

Hope to Princeton the hard way. There is a locked gate to get under/over or maybe the gatekeeper will be there. Who knows. Then we will be riding the complete Whipsaw as a warm up mid-day. Ends in Princeton for a hearty supper 'cause we are gonna need it.

Then its north to Monte Creek via the Douglas Lake Ranch. This should be easy peasy so maybe we’ll try a short cut to Douglas Lake that I haven’t ridden before. What could go wrong?

If this trip is uneventful the ride should take 10-12 hours plus a 1-1.5 hour coffee & supper stop so 8am to 10pm sounds about right.

If it looks too easy we can add Bordom Hill at the start when passing through Tamihi. Fun rip!

Also I have the #1 from Abbotsfort to #3 Road turn off but we can ride Vye Road instead.

Here is the short cut we will most likely take. It won’t save us any time however. LOL.

Here’s a section that we gotta try while we’re on the shortcut. It’s only 12 kms, what could possibly go wrong.

And here’s a shortcut that will actually save us some time getting to Douglas Lake, use if it’s after dark.

(Arthur Pappas) #5

that-makes-me-jealous

(Bryon Enns) #6

The Ride Home starts right after we fall off our bikes after riding the A route. No supper for us as we have 179 kms to ride to Cache Creek before we’re done today.

It will be the post LS ride cool down ride. AKA the “Why am I Delirious Ride”

There is gas available in Pritchard 15kms out from the LS site and again in Kamloops 62 kms out.

(Bryon Enns) #7

Here is the Day 3 route home. It’s gonna be a big finale!

Gas in Lytton at 144 kms into the day and again in Harrision Hot Springs at 290 kms or 146 kms past Lytton.

Some pics from day 3

New photo by Bryon Enns

New photo by Bryon Enns

New photo by Bryon Enns

The view from the top of Cornwall Peak

(Bryon Enns) #8

Take a look at the satellite view of kms 43-48 on Day3 Onion tour. Note we are going through “hay meadows” and there are not roads here! Oh ya. That first pic of the riders in the meadow, that’s the spot I think, and it’s real DS riding boyz.

Oh ya, KM 84-85 is off the radar too! Nice steep side hill and grass meadow decent. Straight down though. LOL.

Some Onion Lake single track at KMs 100, 105, and 115. Some B-race course so should be fine.

(Clayton James William Walker) #9

Looks great but will it really happen with this hot n dry weather in a few last few weeks?

(Bryon Enns) #10

I got a Nomex® jersey and pants on order. I’ll be good to go.

(Clayton James William Walker) #11

What’s that? Is it waterproof for when the water bombers rain down?

(Bryon Enns) #12

Flame Resistant Nomex® by DuPont™. It’s the 21st century DS gear for BC. Send me a cheque and you can get in on the ground floor!

(Arthur Pappas) #13

Don’t do it @Clayx, the gound floor is already on fire.

(Clayton James William Walker) #14

Mounted up a new Terraflex Motosteel.

(Arthur Pappas) #15

Is that a toonie you’re holding up against the tread block? I wouldn’t want to ride behind the 501 with that thing mounted on the rear. I think that tire has added to the overall gearing, too. Jesus…

(Clayton James William Walker) #16

Yes it’s a toonie. The knobs are 1" deep, 1.5" long and 2" wide. Also it is a steel belted dot legal. Now that I’m done bragging about my knobbies I am sure to get a flat.

(Arthur Pappas) #17

We were gonna start a pool and bet on who was gonna get the first flat but it didn’t work out cuz everyone picked you.

(Clayton James William Walker) #18

True that. I have been flatting alot lately. I even managed to pinch the tube putting it together. But it is actually super easy to mount because it’s like a balloon tire.

(Frany) #19

Does that thing even clear your mud flap?

(Bryon Enns) #20

Test Ride completed with Al. He’s gonna make it - fuel wise anyway!