(Clayton James William Walker) #141

By the numbers:

T1D1

4.4 gallons-16.6 litres
160 miles-225 km
6.28L / 100km
Engine time 8 hours?

(Arthur Pappas) #142

Good stuff, boys! Glad to hear of no major issues. By the way, @Clayx I merged your new Tour of Idaho thread with this one so we don't end up with multiple threads on the same topic.

(Bryon Enns) #143

Wow, a day off already eh. I think the 690 would have taken too many dirt naps on D1. Mighta been after midnight before she got finished. How is the taraflex tire treating ya Clay?

(Clayton James William Walker) #144

I was gonna do a thread per day. Keeplease it clean. So I can look it up later.

Terra flex is great similar to an irc M5B in ride qualities. Showing a little wear after 10 hours.

(Arthur Pappas) #145

It'll be easier to look up later if it's in one thread.

Hey, when do you expect to reach Pocatello?

(Bryon Enns) #146

D1 should bring them to Poco. So they should be there now.

(Clayton James William Walker) #147

You have to actually read the stories. We are in Pocatello. Nice college town.
Just hanging out with the flower child Al.

(Bryon Enns) #148

So what is V"AL"dez doing for mileage. Burning double what you are! Is he gonna make it across the Dez tomorrow? 140 miles of sand can burn alota gas.

(Arthur Pappas) #149

Ah ok, I just went back and re-read your post and just noticed the bit about

70 miles to the finish

and put 2 and 2 together that you meant you were heading to Pocatello.

(Clayton James William Walker) #150

Aldez did 5.6 gallons or 21.2L

257.5km or 8.2l/100 km.

(Clayton James William Walker) #151

Also te part that says we got to Pocatello.

(Arthur Pappas) #152

Hehehe yeah I was waiting for you to say that.

(Arthur Pappas) #153

Yo, has anyone heard from @Clayx or @baysam today? Just looking to make sure they are ok and not sleeping out in the wild. I texted @Clayx but did not get a reply.

(Bryon Enns) #154

No word at all. I hope they aren't napping in the sand somewhere. The second half of today's ride was 140 miles across the desert.

(Clayton James William Walker) #156

Day 2

Hey @motorambler just put all these into thread when we are done. If you want it's your site.

Tour of Idaho Day 2 There was a hiker at the staging area and he was sporting his right to open carry which was fortunate as we saw a moose and they can be vicious. I felt safe.

The day started of with awesome trails for the first half. A little side hilling, which isn't my fave but good trails nonetheless.

Awesome views. You can't take pics of all of them. Or we would still be out there.

The cows here are so dumb . They won't mooove off of the trail. They just run in front of you. Finally Al and I were able to get by them like the squids they are.

After lunch we hit the desert. We had some minor mechanical issues.

The GPS I have dosent have tracks. Just way points every so often. And there was a turn every 50 feet in the desert. Usually into a faint trail. Slow going.

So we got her done but we went 2 hours over budget.

(Arthur Pappas) #157

What town you guys at tonight?

(Clayton James William Walker) #158

Oh yah before I forget we saw 2 prong horn antelope, an owl and a bunch of pheasants along with the moose.

We are staying at the Decay Motel in Arco. It's awesome. Whenever someone flushes the toilet anywhere in town you get scalded in the shower.

(Arthur Pappas) #159

LOL. Hey, is that the town with the submarine that's just off main street or sumtin?

(Clayton James William Walker) #160

Mabe got here after dark. Dunno

(Arthur Pappas) #161

Just Googled it. Yep, looks like it is.

2016 Tour of Idaho Dual Sport Epic Ride