2016 Tour of Idaho Dual Sport Epic Ride

(Al Willard) #101

Love it, Live it , PIN IT.

(Clayton James William Walker) #102

Gravity doesn't take breaks. Wear a helmet.

(Arthur Pappas) #103

A bike on the trail is worth two in the shed.

(Clayton James William Walker) #104

Damn straight

(Clayton James William Walker) #105

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RGkLHZE7ftA

For those not riding The Tour of Idaho.

(Arthur Pappas) #106

I hope you guys are practicing lots with whatever GPS you're taking, considering @franhoser and @KTM-Bryon bailed. Would not want to head out unless I was 100% familiar with whatever I was using to navigate. Getting lost could mean running out of daylight or fuel. Ya don't want to spend a night in the Idaho bush!

(Clayton James William Walker) #107

Navigation is for pussy's

(Bryon Enns) #108

They have nothing to worry about, I am sure the locals will be helpful

(Clayton James William Walker) #109

Get lost don't care.
Run out if gas don't care.
Stuck in the woods don't care.

I'm in adventure mode for 9 days.

(Arthur Pappas) #110

Are you guys still leaving on the 24th?

(Clayton James William Walker) #111

Mabe sooner

(Bryon Enns) #112

I can't wait to hear daily updates of the ride. The boys must be 1/2 way to Idaho by now.

(Arthur Pappas) #113

Too right! Am looking forward to the pics and @Clayx's stories!

(Clayton James William Walker) #114

"Please note - the 2016 11th edition of T1 is different from its predecessors. There are no more challenge points or jersey numbers for finishers - we decided to reserve these for those who completed the route in the first decade when T1 was still largely unknown and unexplored and open up Tour of Idaho experience for more riders as it enters its second decade. You are still expected to finish the route in nine trail days with the provision for a single off-day in Pocatello (for a total of 10 days) but there will be no more beacon monitoring or submission of tracks - just go ride."

This was taken from Motorcycle Jazz. But apparently you will be publicly ridiculed on social media and have all of your posts deleted from the Tour of Idaho page you dare say you brought a sat phone instead of a Beacon.

So today day one begins in about an hour. Our chase driver, Super Doug, gave us a wake up call for 6:30am. Get some breakfast and hit the trails by 7:30am.

(Clayton James William Walker) #115

Downtown Malad, Idaho

(Arthur Pappas) #116

This is gonna be epic!

(Bryon Enns) #117

Hope your day1 went well guys. Let us know what you thought of the trails and how it went.

(Arthur Pappas) #118

I hope they didn't get lost in the megalopolis of Malad, and are still trying to find the trail head!

(Clayton James William Walker) #119

DAY 1

Yah long day . Got off track a couple times due to the rookie in the GPS. Super slick due to the rain. The truck almost got stuck at staging. I think they use mashed potatoes as a road mulch for the fsrs down here. Prolly not 690 friendly. With all the snow. We ran into buddy in a sxs. He figured we were tougher than boiled owl shit.

(Arthur Pappas) #120

I'm sure you'll sleep well tonight! Don't forgot to kill some time at Pocatello PowerSports if yas get the chance.