2016 Tour of Idaho Dual Sport Epic Ride

(Bryon Enns) #21

From the web site:

The longest gas-less distance for 2016 will be a single 210 mile stretch and most of that is on easy fire roads. Aside from that the longest gas less stretches are around 160 miles - very manageable on most large desert tanks.

Worst case we buy a gas can for the one stretch and then have a great campfire that night.

(Arthur Pappas) #22

Hey @Stoppie, you gots a dualy sport, doncha? Are you part of this epic dual sport ride?

(Shayne) #23

I'm not cool enough for that crowd...they just make fun of how I ride.

(Arthur Pappas) #24

True, true, they def be a hard to please crowd.

(Bryon Enns) #25

We'd never say anything bad about Stoppie, however I was hoping to get some video of Stoppie's riding style; like at Bikini bridge on last years ride. Nothing makes for a crowd favorite like crash footage eh. haha

(Shayne) #26

Bhahaha.... It was the skimpy tops .. Lo

(Arthur Pappas) #27

So have you guys firmed up your plans for this epic adventure?

(Clayton James William Walker) #28

Almost. There.

(Arthur Pappas) #29

More peeps buying dually sports I hear. Sounds like the Idaho Mafia is getting bigger?

(Clayton James William Walker) #30

Yeslbghggghbg

(Arthur Pappas) #31

When's the big day?

(Clayton James William Walker) #32

Sept 22 bhhhhfggg

(Bryon Enns) #33

I wonder if they know about the BMMC Tour of Idaho late entery fee eh @Clayx

(Bryon Enns) #34

So the bike had some kind of electrical problem after I put it together. I hope to sort it out today or tomorow before I leave for Fort Mac as I get back just before the Loose Screw.

(Arthur Pappas) #35

Hope you get her all sorted out.

Hey, how good are those Butler maps? Would you be able to ride the Tour of Idaho just by using the maps and without a GPS?

(Clayton James William Walker) #36

I doubt it.

(Bryon Enns) #37

Your chances are very low. It sounds like most riders find navigation on this route a challenge.

(Bryon Enns) #38

Amazing how important the battery to frame ground cable is. You don't wanna forget to reconnect that one! She was buried under the wiring harnesses. haha

(Arthur Pappas) #39

Glad you got it sorted. Hey, I'm curious to know what issues the disconnected ground wire caused, exactly?

(Bryon Enns) #40

I would think everything would be totally dead but the rear tail light came on all the time, like it would if the key was switched to park, and everything else was completely dead! Switching the key made no difference to the tail light staying on and everything else stayed dead.