2016 Tour of Idaho Dual Sport Epic Ride

(Clayton James William Walker) #204

(Clayton James William Walker) #205

I'm case you're wondering what a One Eyed Willard looks like.

In case you're wondering what a prong horned antelope looks like.

(Clayton James William Walker) #206

So unfortunately Al and were only able to get to Day 4. But they were epic days. The shortest being a 9 hour ride. I am hoping to return next year to do some more. Having a chase truck was not super expensive even when split with just 2 guys I will add it all up and let you know. Superd Doug did an excellent job of helping prep the bikes and getting to where he needed to go.

I think a 690 could finish but they would suffer a lot. A WR250F or a WR250R would have no trouble whatsoever except mabe a little slower on the road stretches which there weren't too too many. My 501 worked well except for the fork feels like it is filled with soggy pasta. As did Al's bike aside from the starter gear taking us out for a couple of days. The carb bikes do get less range though.

(Arthur Pappas) #207

Glad you were able to make the trip -- consider it more of a pre-run than anything else. What would you guys do differently next time? Go earlier in the year? Different bike setup, different gear setup, etc?

(Clayton James William Walker) #208

Not much.......

(Clayton James William Walker) #209

Prolly one of the best times of year. Little dust and cooler. But snow and earlier sunset. Prepare best you can. Better gps and gpsing skills.

(Clayton James William Walker) #210

The coffee was epic as well. Epically bad. Generally cold, weak and without a soul.

(Arthur Pappas) #211

Yeah, it's one thing if coffee is cold, another thing if it's weak, but when coffee is without soul, well, that's just unacceptable.

(Clayton James William Walker) #212

It's just like a DRZ 400

(Bryon Enns) #213

Almost time to make the 2018 TOI thread. Hmm, 690, 250f or something new…