2016 Tour of Idaho Dual Sport Epic Ride

(Bryon Enns) #1

Riding Area: Idaho

Date: End of September

Details: By invitation only

So it is looking like the big annual McNutt DS ride will be going off down south this year. This is what the DSBC'ers have been saying:

http://www.dualsportbc.com/forums/showthread.php?15002-2016-Tour-of-Idaho

Thread Shortcuts:

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

2016 BMMC Route Of All Evil Fun Ride
(Arthur Pappas) #2

I have been telling you d-bags about this ride for years!

You need to hook up with the T2 in Jordan Valley, OR, then ride it in reverse (west to east) until you meet the T1 in Pocatello, ID, and ride it to the BC border!

Maybe my next bike will be a dual-sport...

(Bryon Enns) #3

This is pretty much how the trip will go except if @Clayx gets lost we will find him again.

(Bryon Enns) #4

I have the custom maps on order. It's only 1400 miles; we will not get lost!

Butler Motorcycle Maps

Custom Maps
DATE:
May 31, 2016
TOTAL:
$81.95

(Arthur Pappas) #5

Good stuff, Bryon!

Man, I am seriously considering a used dual-sport bike just for this trip. I wonder if Yamaha's little WR250R would be able to do this trip without puking it's guts out?

(Bryon Enns) #6

Going to get a tune up over the next couple weeks and be ready to ride this summer. All prep rides for the EPIC TOUR of IDAHO of course. Also don't forget to give your ride a extensive check out and lots of new bearings & seals, plus seal your electrical system up with silicone etc.

Gonna try the full adventure package from these guys for the big girl:
http://www.konflictmotorsports.com/adventure-suspension-services/

(Arthur Pappas) #7

Bryon have you used their services before? How'd ya hear about 'em? Their rider services form is pretty extensive; not too often do you see questions like 'height of log crossings without hesitation' or 'gear you ride whoops', etc.

Hey do you mind if I add 'Tour of Idaho' to the title of your thread to help with search engine SEO? I can't remember if you're able to change it.

(Bryon Enns) #8

ya, no problem Moto, add the Tour to the title.

I rode with a few 990 guys who had used Konflict. Their bikes seemed to work way better than mine on single track!

(Bryon Enns) #9

The Big Girl isn't looking so good but give her a week or two and she'll be ready to rock. Meanwhile I got some good reading material today.

(Arthur Pappas) #10

Good stuff, Bryon! Do you need a paid Rever membership to 'load' the Butler maps into your phone?

(Bryon Enns) #11

yup, only paid members get their maps

(Al Willard) #12

What are we looking at for dates??

(Arthur Pappas) #13

I heard you guys are riding your bikes all the way to south eastern Oregon and are beginning the ride with the T2. Hope you haz comfy seat.

(Al Willard) #14

No there is a new plan. Trailer our Bikes and get dropped off in Preston. And have someone other than us to drive the truck and trailer to the end. Looking for Volunteers

(Clayton James William Walker) #15

We roll sometime on Sept. 22 or 23 and get home for Oct. 2.

(Al Willard) #16

With that time of year how do you think it will be for snow? We could hit some, Would end of Aug be better?

(Arthur Pappas) #17

According to MotorcycleJazz, the problem with going that late isn't normally due to snow (unless this year is abnormally cold), it's to trail closures on Oct 1st due to hunting season. You guys are not leaving yourselves any wiggle room in case you lose time to bike troubles or get lost.

(Bryon Enns) #18

We had better do some bullet dodging practice

(Clayton James William Walker) #19

I'm with bryon

Dodge bullets and ride fasto.

(Arthur Pappas) #20

How are you guys gonna manage fuel? Isn't 200 miles or so the minimum recommended range?